Why you should choose natural sod grass
Information for this website and the GO GREEN BUY LOCAL campaign was produced using Federal support through grant funds provided by the USDA, Specialty Crop Block Grant Program, to the NC Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
Sod provides instant results
Sod provides an instant lawn which can be enjoyed immediately after installation unlike seeded lawns which may take weeks or months to establish.
- Sod provides an instant lawn which can be enjoyed immediately after installation unlike seeded lawns which may take weeks or months to establish.
- Landscaping with sod can instantly increase the market value of a property by as much as 15%.
- Using sod can enhance “curb appeal” thus resulting in a quicker sale by attracting prospective buyers sooner.
Sod helps reduce or prevent soil erosion
- Sod provides instant soil stabilization in erosion-prone areas.
- Because sod is a fully mature cultivated product, it can be installed on slopes where seeding is difficult if not impossible.
Did you Know?
About 2,500 square feet of lawn produces enough oxygen to accommodate a family of four.
Sod protects water quality
- Sod acts as a natural filter by absorbing harmful chemicals and pollutants as well as preventing soil particles from entering our water.
- Sediment is a leading cause of poor water quality.
- Sod traps and removes dust and dirt from the air.
- It also absorbs pollutants like carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and releases oxygen into the air.